Thursday 12 August 2010

A beautiful sunny day in Amsterdam

Amsterdam, 11 August 2010

I went yesterday to Amsterdam to buy some white tulips for my relatives and friends in Portugal ;-)
The day was glorious! Sunshine, a wonderful blue sky... :-) Great to a nice walk with a special friend ;-)

Where did we go? What have we seen when we were walking on the streets?

De Krijtberg

Opened in 1883, is a Roman Catholic church, located at the Singel, dedicated to St Francis Xavier.

From Amsterdam


From Amsterdam


From Amsterdam


From Amsterdam


De Waag (weigh house)

The Amsterdam Waag (1488) is a remnant of the former city walls in Amsterdam. Originally, it was one of the city gates, the Sint Anthoniespoort.
The building carries the oldest plaque in Amsterdam, which reads On 28 April 1488 the first stone of this gate was laid.

From Amsterdam


De Oude Kerk

The Oude Kerk ("old church") is Amsterdam’s oldest parish church, consecrated in 1306 by the bishop of Utrecht.
It stands in De Wallen, now Amsterdam's main red-light district.

From Amsterdam


Meanwhile, between the Singel and Waterlooplein, where we went to see Rembrandt's House...

From Amsterdam


Some typical Dutch pictures...;-)

Old buildings...

From Amsterdam


From Amsterdam


From Amsterdam


From Amsterdam


Bikes...

From Amsterdam


From Amsterdam


From Amsterdam


Cheese...

From Amsterdam


Boats...

From Amsterdam


Cruises...

From Amsterdam


Flowers...

From Amsterdam


Swans...

From Amsterdam


To Aledys! Happy Birthday! Parabens! Que tenhas um dia muito feliz! ;-)

23 comments:

ana said...

Parabéns pela beleza do post!
:)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh this is magic....I have to get myself OVER THERE!!!! BISOUS, Anita

PATagonia said...

Sandra,
What a wonderful post is the last one! I like the vitraux of the first church but it´s very strange the figure with its covered eyes...
And the old buildings of the city are really beautiful. I think that I saw in another photo that bike...
But I can not congratulate to Aledys yet, because in my country we are in 11 august till now... jajaja

Cheers from Buenos Aires!!!!
Pato

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos!!! Yes, it's the same bike I saw when we went to A'dam with Amy hehe I didn't take a photo this time.
Love all the shots and you've saved me the trouble of looking for information about the church and the Waag!
Thanks, Sandrinha, it was a wonderful day!!

Orange said...

Amsterdam continues to amaze me every time we go there..The maze of canals and cobbled roads is lovely. I hope you had a wonderful time too Sandra!

Presépio no Canal said...

Aledys,

This post is my birthday cadeautje for you ;-)

I would like to do it in a better way (you deserve it), but you know, I'm a little in a hurry today ;-)

Enjoy your day ;-)

I'm very happy that we have been together, and in a glorius day, before I go to Portugal ;-)

I'm pleased ;-)

Happy Birthday ;-)

Presépio no Canal said...

@Patricia : Aledys has said that this bike was there last year!! Can you believe it? Well, I'm not surprise! It's Holland! ;-)))

Presépio no Canal said...

@Arwa: yes, I had too a wonderful time ;-) A'dam was not so crowded, a beautiful sunshine, I get all my cadeautjes to family and friends in Portugal, I could be with Aledys a day before her birthday,...very, very nice... ;-)

Presépio no Canal said...

@Anita: Just come ;-)) I'm waiting for you ;-) Mille Bisous!

Presépio no Canal said...

@Ana ;-) Obrigada ;-) Gostei muito deste dia ;-) Deve ser isso que se reflecte no post ;-) Beijinhos

~ Lopa said...

Beutiful photos, AMS has so much to offer everytime we visit it !

I think you are OFF to Portugal now for vacation, have a nice time there ! :)

Presépio no Canal said...

@Lopa ;-) Not yet, but almost ;-))) I hope to enjoy Portugal very much!!! Praia, Praia, Praia...(beach))

Pinay in Dutchland said...

Amsterdam looks so beautiful in your photos. Too bad whenever I go there, I get overwhelmed with the number of tourists. And that bike is so cute, real symbol of summer in the Netherlands.

Presépio no Canal said...

@Pinay: thanks for your nice comment ;-) I have the same complain: when I go there is too crowded. That's why I enjoyed so much this time: we could walk easily.

Telma said...

Ah então não podia deixar de comentar :D eu adorei o post em todos os sentidos, só fui uma vez a Amsterdam e já foi há 2 anos, estava um dia bastante chuvoso e não vi grande coisa... quase que vi mais pelas tuas fotos do que naquele dia eheh, muito bonita a cidade!!

Beijoquinhas :)

Presépio no Canal said...

@Thelma: ;-) ha mais fotos na label Amsterdam ;-) usufrui a-vontade ;-) mas ainda me falta ver muita coisa, sobretudo museus e as nove ruazinhas...beijinhos ;-)

Sara said...

I visited Amsterdam some years ago and enjoyed it very much. There is an enormous amount of possibilities and I didn't had the opportunity to explore all of them. But it was very nice to go back through your pictures. Thank you!:)

AC said...

Ah, gostei muito da beleza e da frescura que por aqui encontrei.

Bjs

isabel tiago said...

Boa tarde Sandra

Adorei as fotos de Amesterdão e de Almere. Locais totalmente diferentes, porém, lindos.
Não pude resistir à foto da bicicleta engalanada com flores e vou usá-la na barra lateral do partilhar diferenças.
Um dia hei-de conhecer a Holanda. Está prometido embora ainda não nos tenha sido possível concretizar esse projecto. Acredito que hei-de realizá-lo.

Parabéns pelas várias fotos dos restantes posts.

Bom fim de semana.

Isabel Tiago

Presépio no Canal said...

@Sara: I'm glad you liked to travel through the pictures ;-) Beijinhos.

@AC: Seja bem-vindo ao Presepio :-) Obrigada pelas simpaticas palavras
:-) Espero que continue a gostar.
:-)

@Isabel :-)Obrigada pelas suas palavras, sempre tao queridas :-)
E quando vier a Holanda, combinamos um almocinho e um cafezinho ;-)
Um bom fim-de-semana para si tambem. Beijinhos.

Su said...

Sempre a presentear-nos com belas imagens! Obrigada!
Miminhos no meu blogue para ti! beijos

Dylan said...

Adoro tulipas!
Que locais mais maravilhosos.

Presépio no Canal said...

Ola, Dylan

Ainda bem que gostaste ;-)