Saturday 14 April 2012

Prague I


Let me take you to the most wonderful places we have been in Prague...

From Prague 2012

What about a visit to the magical traditional puppet stores?

From Prague 2012

There are several in the city waiting for us. :-)

From Prague 2012

Do you want to buy a puppet to "protect your house"? ;-)

From Prague 2012

I think I will buy one. I only don't know which. I like them all!! :-))

From Prague 2012
1 o'clock already?

From Prague 2012

Let''s have lunch in the Old Town Square and enjoy good live music,

From Prague 2012
surrounded by beautiful buildings and amazing monuments as the Astronomical Clock.

From Prague 2012


From Prague 2012

From Prague 2012

From Prague 2012
Shall we go to the castle now?
To get there we should cross Charles Bridge, one of the most beautiful European bridges, decorated with 30 statues, most of them baroque-style, originally erected around 1700, but now all of them replaced by replicas.

From Prague 2012

At this point of Charles Bridge, we pray to John of Nepomuk. He was thrown into the river Vltava from Charles Bridge on 20 March 1393 at the behest of Wenceslaus, King of the Romans and King of Bohemia. According to the tradition, if you ask him for something now, your wish will become true within a year.

From Prague 2012

After crossing Charles Bridge, we are at Malá Strana.
This street reminds me of the second largest Portuguese city, Oporto, because of the colours of the houses.

From Prague 2012
And this one, reminds me of Lisbon, between Graça and São Vicente de Fora...

From Prague 2012

(to be continued)


10 comments:

Margarida Elias said...

Praga é uma maravilha - as casas, as comidas, os fantoches, a música, o relógio... Fui ver uma versão em fantoches do Don Giovanni de Mozart: um espectáculo! Bjs!

Sami said...

Realmente aquelas zonas parecem o Porto e Lisboa. Bonita cidade!

ana said...

Não conheço Praga. Será um destino futuro quando houver mais sol em Portugal. :)

Adorei as fotografias. São lindas quer as perspectivas quer o olho "clínico" sobre a atmosfera da cidade.

Gosto muito de marionettes. Veio alguma para a Holanda? :)

O espectáculo que a Margarida viu deve ter sido lindíssimo.
Beijinhos. :)

Presépio no Canal said...

Margarida, esse espectaculo deve ter sido muito bom. Continua em exibicao. Nao o vimos, embora nao faltasse vontade, mas fomos assistir a um concerto de musica classica. Praga e de facto uma cidade muito ligada a musica. Bjs! :-)

Sami, fazem lembrar, nao e? E ainda havia outras similares a ruas de Lisboa. Houve momentos que me arrepiei. ;-)) Gostei de me sentir em Lisboa em Praga. Ja outras ruas e bairros fizeram-me lembrar Paris. Muito bom tambem! Bjs!

Ana: Veio sim, que nos gostamos muito de bruxinhas. :-)) Tambem temos uma de Marvao. Gosto de comprar objectos ligados as artes tradicionais. Assim tambem ajudamos a perpetua-las. However, nao trouxe nenhuma peca pequena de cristal da Boemia, nem uma pulseira com granadas (e tive tanta pena). Para a proxima, who knows? :-) Gostava de voltar a Praga um dia. Senti-me la muito bem! Bjs!

Travel France Online said...

Superb shots. I don't know Prague, it's another of my Things To Do and you give me the need to go soon!

Presépio no Canal said...

Thanks DeeBee. I'm glad you liked the pics. I loved the city. A must go indeed! Especially if you like Art Nouveau. Have a nice Sunday! :-)

restlessjo said...

Boa tarde Ana! My Portuguese is extremely limited so I had fun deciphering the comments above. Lovely photos indeed. I have heard mixed views on Prague- some say it's too busy and very expensive, but I would like to see for myself. It's certainly beautiful.

Presépio no Canal said...

Boa tarde, Jo! :-)

We went in Prague in February (low season), not so busy as in the high season. I also noticed that during the week the city is quieter than in the weekend.
I didn't find Prague very expensive (comparing to the Netherlands) and even with Portugal (a bit more maybe).The street food is delicious and there are some traditional places where we can eat for a nice price. :-)
And if you find a low cost flight, it's even better. ;-)
Bom Domingo!

Sandra

Sara said...

Adoraria lá ir! Estas cidades repletas de história e cultura criam em mim uma grande vontade de levantar voo :))
Obrigada por este passeio! As marionetas devem ser extraordinárias. Gostei da tua seleção e cá espero a continuação.
Beijinhos e boa semana!

Unknown said...

I don't know about the puppets; they look a bit scary. One of them actually looks like one of my neighbours haha

Beautiful city, it seems to be full of enchanting corners and streets and architecture. I'm looking forward to seeing the castle!

Beijos!