Thursday 8 April 2010

Expat Life: Traditional Dutch Birthday Party

Masha, 6 years old, 31 March 2010

Birthday Party, 03 April 2010

Last Saturday, I went to a traditional Dutch birthday party.
Masha is now 6 years old. :-)

What is typical in a Dutch birthday party?

The age number in the front door...

From Pasen 2010


Flowers (Bloemen)...
Tulips (Tulpen), of course ;-)

From Pasen 2010


From Pasen 2010


The famous circle around the living room table where we, the adults, sit down and talk about this and that..:-)
A true Dutch tradition ;-)

A living room with pretty and cheerful decorations... :-)

From Pasen 2010


Meanwhile, Masha's parents offered coffee, tea, juice and, of course, a piece of the birthday cake...

After a while, was time for these delicious pancakes ;-)

From Pasen 2010


From Pasen 2010


Masha and her friends, while waiting, played here with their PlayMobil....:-)

From Pasen 2010


Het was een heel leuk feest!!! Foi uma festa muito divertida!

Heel gezellig (cosy,pleasant)!!!

"Gefeliciteerd, Masha!" ...to your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins too....:-)

(In the Netherlands, we must say " Gefeliciteerd" also to the relatives with whom we cross that day...:-)

M. and P., bedankt voor the invitation! I hope you like the post! :-)

Dank je wel! :-)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

"Gefeliciteerd" to Masha, then!! Everything looked nice, it seems you had a good time!

Presépio no Canal said...

Oh, yes, indeed! :-)

Unknown said...

Can you send me an email to put you in my contacts list? I had a major pc crash and lost the file with email addresses.
You can delete this mssg after reading it.

(sounds like Mission Impossible haha)

Presépio no Canal said...

Ok, I will send you my personal email ;-)
The email of Presepio is in the top of the blog :-)
Beijinhos ;-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Happy Birthday little lady!!! Oh what fun.....I am having my bday on the 23...please come!

Blessings to you dearest, Anita

Presépio no Canal said...

Oh, yes, I will ;-) For a great, great party to a remarkable woman ;-)
Beijinhos ;-)

Orange said...

What fun..I attended one of these Dutch bday parties and it was all so new for me. Nevertheless I enjoyed the experience as you did here! Cheers..

Presépio no Canal said...

Hello Arwa ;-)

For me it was not also so new, because I have already read about it ;-)
They are so nice people, it was a true pleasure.
I like home bday parties! Very cosy ;-)
Thanks to comment on this! Have a great weekend! ;-)
Everything goes fine with the new house ;-)

Pinay in Dutchland said...

Oh those Dutch kidde parties. It can be fun when them kids started eating cakes and getting their pretty cheeks dirty. They look so cute.

And the way they congratulate each everyone still looks funny to me.

Presépio no Canal said...

;-) I like to see it too, and do it also ;-) It s friendly and cosy ;-)