Saturday 5 January 2013

Goodbye 2012 / Hello 2013!

Amsterdam
December, 31 st

Goodbye, 2012!

From New Year 2013

Hello, 2013!!! :-))

From New Year 2013

We enjoyed a superb night in S. and R.'s company. Laughs, photos of York and Barcelona, Portuguese red wine, delicious Bulgarian food (loved the Princesses!!), happy colors around -specially the red of the pretty Bulgarian tablecloths -, Portuguese Caldo Verde, 12 raisins for each one of us, sparkling fireworks...

From New Year 2013

We arrived home around 4 am. Fofinho looked fine and relaxed. I guess that after listening to the fireworks all day long on the 31st, he didn't care about it anymore and got used to it.
Everybody in the Netherlands is allowed to buy fireworks and fire them all day long on the last day of the year. Sometimes it looks like we are in a war zone...

From New Year 2013
We woke up late on the first day of the year - a bright sunny day 1, I am happy to say.
At 4 pm, we were again in Amsterdam, this time, in the house of our Polish friends M. and P. and their two lovely sons. I lost all the shame I could still have and I repeated several times a traditional dish from their homeland: Pierogi (dumplings of unleavened dough, first boiled and then fried, usually in butter with onions, and traditionally stuffed with potato and cheese filling).  
Absolutely delicious!!!

From New Year 2013

 M. and P. also offered us beautiful gifts.

This pretty Chinese box was bought in the famous Dutch site of second hand sales, Marktplaats. I like this site too. We can find there many interesting things and I have already used it to sell a table and two kitchen chairs.

From New Year 2013

The other gift was this beautiful bottle of Polish mead (hidromel). ;-)

From New Year 2013

A great time we enjoyed with our friends, don't you think? ;-)

Happy weekend!

4 comments:

Sami said...

Happy New year Sandra.

Presépio no Canal said...

Happy New Year, Sami. :-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh how I LOVE THOSE POLISH DUMPLINGS, SANDRA!

What a feast of friendship and food on the eve of a new year. I am so happy to see you visit my dear! I have no doubt been very occupied with my paper dress, but it means the world to me that you would come to visit to say hello.

I hope that this new year brings you many opportunities to grow and enjoy the life you have that is so precious!!! BISOUS, Anita

Presépio no Canal said...

Thanks, Anita! For you too! Happy New Year! :-) Bisous!