Wednesday 10 November 2010

Expat Life: I'm not a shopping girl

I'm not a shopping girl. I only go shopping when I truly need it. I don't like malls either. I prefer cute little stores.

However, I usually go shopping to the open air city mall in Almere-Stad.

From Almere (III)


These are the stores where I went already for a couple of times...

Ziengs

A very nice shoe store with several brands. Last Summer, I've bought there a pair of shoes (schoenen). This Autumn, my husband has bought a pair of Timberland winter boots (laarzen) with a 25% discount (korting)! Nice!

I have the VIPcard wich means for each € 25 that I spend, I receive a little crown (kroontje). If I have 15 kroontjes, I receive a discount of €25 in my next purchase of items without promotion. So, I guess I will never use it...
I usually buy on promotions and besides, I already bought shoes and boots in Portugal.


Six Shop Almere

I go to Six specially to buy presents for my girlfriends: necklaces (kettingen), bracelets (armbanden), earrings (oorbellen) or rings (ringen). Six has got very affordable prices. I bought there a beret and gloves for € 12.
I'm very pleased with my new set.

I also have a discount card. I need to do at least a purchase of € 8 to get stickers. I get a discount of € 6 when the card is full with 9 stickers.

From Almere (III)


Hunkemoller

The lingerie is of excellent quality and they have good discounts.
I also have a card. To know the advantages, please, click here (only in Dutch).

Steps

I like their clothes very much and last winter I've already bought there some turtlenecks...with a promotion, of course.
I also have a membership card. But I guess, I wil not enjoy the discounts. I need to do a minimium of € 500 purchase to get a € 25 discount in the next purchase of at least € 50.

Have a lot of spaarzegels (save stamps) and coupons in our pocket is typical Dutch!
:-))

What are your favourite stores in the Netherlands? I know only a few, as you can see. Do you use spaarzegels and coupons? What do you think about it?

6 comments:

ana said...

Fotografias fantásticas. :)
Boas compras!

Boa noite!

Presépio no Canal said...

Obrigada, Ana ;-) Este local e de facto muito cinematografico! Gosto muito da arquitectura e de observar o movimento das pessoas! ;-)
Bjs!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING DEAREST! ME TOO! I do not like shopping malls unless I really need something from a specific place! I LOVE SMALL family owned shops with original art and antiques. But this place of which you speak looks and sounds like fun, especially with a friend!

Have a lovely day, ANita

Presépio no Canal said...

I woulld love to go with you to small shops; it would be so much fun! I love antiques! :-)
As soon as you come to the Netherlands, we go together to this open air city mall and also visit some cute and antiques shops! ;-)

isabel tiago said...

Bom dia Sandra

Com que então muito atenta ao meu post!!!
Não tenho adicionado fotos pois ando com pinturas em casa e arrumações por isso o tempo para blogs é curtíssimo.
Um dia destes vou tratar a adicionar o seu novo blog e fazer-me seguidora das novidades.
Obrigada pelo São Martinho e também um bom dia para si. Não sei se aí se festeja este Santo mas por cá é adorado!!!

Falo por mim que desde que me conheço é dos Santos que mais tenho festejado. Há sempre umas castanhas neste dia e às vezes algo mais como por exemplo uma garrafita de água pé!!!

Bom fim de semana.

Isabel Tiago

Presépio no Canal said...

Ola Isabel! :-)

Tambem gosto muito do Sao Martinho e que saudades de umas castanhas assadas! Por aqui tambem se festeja, mas de forma diferente. No proximo post, contarei como! ;-)

Bom fim-de-semana!