Wednesday 7 October 2009

Pink Ribbon

I already bought my Pink Ribbon.
I wanted to give my support to the Dutch Cancer Society in the fight against breast cancer.

From Coisas Minhas


From Coisas Minhas


We can also help Dutch Cancer Society by making a monthly donation.
We choose a value between 5 and 10 euros in the card and send it to KWF- Kanker Bestrijding .

Here is the History of the Dutch Cancer Society:

The Dutch Cancer Society was founded in 1949 by Queen Wilhelmina. Her granddaughter, Her Majesty Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, is our current patron. The Society's initial funding came from the "national gift" donated by the Dutch people to Queen Wilhelmina on the occasion of her golden jubilee in 1948. That amount was more than 2 million guilders. And the donations have been coming in ever since. Today people in the Netherlands contribute more than € 55 million a year to the fight against cancer.

My Pink Ribbon with Queen Wilhelmina`s medal and the wishbone...
I bought it here.

From Coisas Minhas


Thank you, Lili!

10 comments:

Anita said...

Sandra, I am considering also a post about Pink Ribbon and Etos. There are very nice bracelets in this mentioned drugstore. I have been in Didi a couple of weeks ago and didn't notice Kanker Bestrijding campaign... I love DIDI, by the way, especially the jean and coats. But they have also many pieces in lays, which doesn't suit me at all. Anyway, good initiative from DIDI !! Thumbs up !

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hello precious Sandra! I missed your post from yesterday! I had a long day and night....it is so nice to see your support for this horrific disease...thank you. My parents died from cancer and it is just devastating. Thank you so much for your support. Bisous, Anita

Presépio no Canal said...

Anita,

I think you didn t see some weeks ago because Pink Ribbon campaign began only in October, as far as I understood....:)

I like too their jeans and coats ;)

I will go to Etos too and I will buy another bracelet to offer. It is important to support this cause :)
Thanks for the tip! :)

Presépio no Canal said...

Dear Anita,

i am so sorry for the lost of your parents!
i lost my father, grandfather and some cousins with cancer too.
it is indeed an horrible disease!

My dear, today I will send you an email. I am ok, but very tired.

Bisous, ma cherie, and have a wonderful week! :)

Unknown said...

Nice idea for a campaign!!
Now, one thing that amazes me of the attitude towards breast cancer here in Holland: what about having a mamography before one turns 50? And if you have a history of breast cancer in the family (on your mother's side), having one done every year? This is a normal practice in Argentina, the same as the pap scan.
I know so many people in my group of friends who have lost their mums before age 50 here in Holland!

Presépio no Canal said...

I agree with you Aledys! I have already did one when I was 35 years. Next year, I will be 40. And I will want my regular mamographies done like in Portugal when we are in ours 40s.

Thanks for your comment! Muito pertinente ;)

CICL said...

Já passei por isso... senti na pele o impacto de sermos confrontados, do dia para a noite, com doenças tão ...

Graças a Deus, estava ainda numa fase inicial... retiraram tudo... mas o trauma nunca mais desparece, o medo fica para sempre, os medicamentos (para o resto da vida)e as consultas de 3 em 3 meses... isso então nem se fala.

Viver o dia a dia como se fosse sempre o último.

Beijos e obrigado pela ajuda e carinho que demonstra.

Presépio no Canal said...

Querida Cristina,

Um beijinho e continuacao de muita coragem como ate aqui :) ***

Angela said...

Oh I love that! I will have to get myself one. Thanks for posting this!

CICL said...

Obrigado... Beijos