Friday 9 November 2012

Galápos Beach and Bond's Arrábida


Lately, every time I go to Portugal, I end up having my last vacation's day in Galápos, a beautiful beach nearby Setúbal, a city located on the northern bank of the Sado River estuary, approximately 40 km south of Lisbon.

From Férias Portugal 2012

Galápos is situated in Arrábida Natural Park. That means we are next to the sea surrounded by hills and trees. A very nice place to go.

From Férias Portugal 2012

A stretch of road in Arrábida Natural Park was the scenery where Tracy Bond - played by Diana Rigg - is shot dead by Irma Bunt - played by Ilse Steppat - in a drive-by shooting at the end of the James Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service  (1969).



Arrábida 's and Galápo's beauty made me forget for a time my worries with my cat.
I arrived in the NL very sad since the veterinary had told my husband - during my stay in Portugal - that probably our beloved cat would only live for a couple of weeks more. Knowing that, my husband presented me with this pretty bouquet of flowers.How sweet is that? :-)

From Férias Portugal 2012

Meanwhile, Fofinho is still with us. :-) He has been a brave cat!
Last week, I went again with him to the veterinary. Some blood tests were done and more exams will follow next week. Let's see how it goes....

6 comments:

Margarida Elias said...

Gostei das fotografias. Conheço mal a zona de Setúbal e tenho de conhecer melhor. Quanto ao Fofinho, ainda bem que ele é um valente. Vê-se bem que tem bons donos! Bjs!

Presépio no Canal said...

Obrigada, Margarida! :-)
Beijinhos!

Teresa said...

Sandra, venho só deixar uma festinha para o Fofinho e espero que ele consiga ultrapassar este período complicado.
Um beijinho grande e espero que tudo corra bem.

Presépio no Canal said...

Obrigada, Teresa. A ver vamos, para a semana. Ele é tão meigo e nosso amigo. Bem sei que já tem 16 anos, mas gostamos tanto dele...
Um beijinho também para ti.

Tânia Barreira said...

De facto a Arrábida e por exemplo a Praia do Portinho na Arrábida são lindissimas!!!

Presépio no Canal said...

Sim, também está entre as minhas favoritas. :-)